Friday 24 February 2012

1. Many Questions


Unlike many of my peers who have exceptional talents in computer programming, web designing, Counter strike and even in music and literature who got into various talent nurturing clubs of BITS, Pilani, unfortunately I didn’t have any talent. What I had was possible answers to questions which made me wonder all my life. The “Search for Truth“ (along with IITJEE) has given me many sleepless nights, unanswered questions like What is our significance in a universe that is 14 billion light years in radius (assuming spherical 3D model for simplification) ? What is the purpose of my life? Why am I supposed to do things that I’m doing right now? Why do I need to study things which probably I will never see or experience in my life? Why should I work so hard so as to compete in a race with 7 billion other people on earth for food, shelter, comfort? Some people say if I don’t compete, I won’t ‘survive’ but why do I need to put so much effort for mere existence that makes no difference to the large universe mentioned earlier. Many wise pundits reply with words like God, religion and suggest that it is our karma, the purpose we are brought to this world. Many of my fellow bloggers reply with words like “Love” and “Happiness” and suggest that in life we should do what we love, what makes us happy. They tell us to “Keep faith”, ”Love yourself “,”blah-blah , etc.”. But they fail to answer my above questions with logical consistency.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God Keshav....even I fail to answer your questions....life is so complicated...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah. Keshav Khanna. See how many people are reading your blog after I posted your stuff to Indiblogger. They accepted your blog, still you took lite. Now, blog away!

    ReplyDelete